Monday, June 20, 2011

CRTs Still Live On

There are some old technologies that I never want to let go of, and one of those old technologies is the CRT Television Set. Despite LCD HDTV sets taking over the world, old CRT sets still have their uses, especially for playing old video games, like me. :)

Introducing one of my CRT sets...a "Quasar" 19'' set manufactured in December 1977.

"Musti", a cute cartoon from Belgium.

This is KELO-TV's weather map...and it's very rainy and dreary here today.

This should have been first, but ah well. This set has those old dials that you turn to change a channel.
Whenever I see another old TV set sitting at a rummage sale, I always have the urge to pick it up and take it home. But, I don't have room in my own room to put such sets. I also have another CRT TV set as well, which can be seen in the background of the last photo, and on top of that, I also have a flat panel HDTV I got for Christmas as a gift. So I have enough TVs as it is.
Even if I don't buy an old set that I see at a rummage sale, at least someone else will hopefully come along and put the old set to a good use. These old sets may not be able to handle true high-definition content, but for a person who has lots of standard-definition VHS tapes, video games, and non-HD satellite TV, it's worth getting one just for those purposes. As for HDTV stuff, I have my flat panel TV for that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment