Tuesday, July 12, 2022

A new fresh start!!

 Hello everyone.

I have finally decided to start a new blog dedicated to my illustration journey. First, a few things about me.

I am a beginning illustrator from South Dakota. After I was laid off from my previous day job back in April of 2020 because of the pandemic, I began to think about what else I could do with my life going forward... besides getting another job of course.

One of my dreams is to become a freelance illustrator, working on things like children's books, coloring books, greeting cards, promotional materials, and more. I also want to learn how to write great stories featuring original characters and settings that I have created.

But, Instagram really isn't the best place to post such detailed things. There are limits to just how much text you can include in your post, and you have to deal with the dreaded algorithm. Instagram is also pushing users to move to video in a crazy bid to compete with TikTok. 

I will still post my art to Instagram. But I also want a place where I can share my complete stories and thoughts without having to deal with algorithms or being pressured to make videos. Will this blog get readers? Who knows? As long as I can share my artwork with the world, I will be happy.

My postings won't be on a schedule, but I will try to post regularly when I have the time. And soon, I will tell my first story about a friendly badger and her homemade kite.

-WB



No comments:

Post a Comment