Sunday, July 17, 2022

A look into my workspace.

It's Sunday, and the weather is heating up, literally. It's prime time to stay inside and get some work done. Speaking of work, I thought I'd make a post about my current workspace. In reality, my workspace is just the secondary bedroom of my two-bedroom apartment. It's rather small in size, but I try to make the best of what I have.
On one side of the room is my main computer desk, made of two separate desks. My main computer, a 27'' iMac is on the left. On the right is my drawing tablet, a Wacom Cintiq 22HD. In the middle is a vintage 17'' iMac from 2006, which is the computer I use to connect my relatively vintage digital camera to. (yes, I still use one of those. More on that in a future post) On the opposite side of the room is the fun stuff...
My workspace also doubles as my secondary video game room. The boxy CRT is connected to my old PlayStation 2 system, and I also have various old plug-and-play video game systems ranging from arcade stuff like Pac-Man to more obscure things like video pinball or odd knockoff game systems from China with loads of weird homebrew games. To the right of the TV is my main VHS capture setup. I will go into more detail in the near future, but I use another vintage Mac with a USB video capture device, which is then hooked up to a VCR. I am in the process of going through my years of VHS tapes with recordings of TV cartoons, documentaries, network TV specials and more. It's all in an effort to clear out my old VHS collection and to also find stuff worth saving. I do wish to have a nicer computer desk that spans the length of my current two desks, with more solid construction, drawers for storing tech stuff and something just better looking. But this will do for now. That's all for now. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment